I have provided therapy to adults, teens and children since 2008 during my internships at the UC Davis Children's Hospital as well as the San Juan Unified School District through the White House Counseling Center. I have provided therapy in private practice since becoming licensed (MFC 51432) in 2011.
- B.A. in Psychology from San Jose State University in 2006.
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Sacramento State University in 2010.
- EMDR Therapy Training Completion through the International Association of EMDR (EMDRIA) in 2021.
- Served as the President for the Sacramento Branch of the Association for Play Therapy (APT) in 2020. Previously served as the President-Elect (2019) and Secretary (2018). Attended play therapy trainings throughout the state and collaborated with many other play therapists.
- Active member of the CA Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Engage in ongoing training to provide inclusive therapy to LGBTQ+ teens and adults as a cisgendered, heterosexual therapist.
- Volunteer as a crisis counselor with the Trevor Project to support LGBTQ folks in crisis.
- Ongoing self-awareness and education in anti-racism awareness as a white therapist so as to provide inclusive therapy to clients of color. I work with clients who have experienced oppression, discrimination and bias using a mindfulness based and empowering approach.
- Overall, I work to provide a nonjudgmental, accepting therapeutic relationship for clients to reflect on their areas of struggle and collaboratively identify paths toward growth, peace and empowerment. If you think I may be a good fit for you, please send me a message so that we can talk. I look forward to hearing from you.
Click here to read more about Therapy Services, Fees & Insurance, or visit Mental Health Resources.
Or send me a message with any questions or to schedule a session.